Saturday, October 24, 2009

Something in the way you move me


Not to be too narcissistic but I've had one of my new songs stuck in my head this morning. It is called simply "Be Yourself"... What I've realized over the past few weeks is that I'm exactly right where I need to be. An interesting insight.

I've been doing many different things for many years and had hopes that they would all take off and provide me with a sense of success, security, freedom and fulfillment. I suppose there were those elements but never all at once?? At times I just played music for a living and had freedom and some fulfillment, and for a while I ran a construction company with my brother and had some success and security, but I naturally wanted it all. Don't you?

I'm driven by what many feel is unachievable. I am not too excited about settling on mediocrity. So my excitement has been aroused when I or others are putting these pieces together. A novel concept perhaps, but how many people do you know who are living the life of their dreams? I only know a few and they are the coolest authentic, balanced and real folks I know. Not to say I don't know many others who are flirting on the edge of stepping into their personal unknown, I do, and it brings me great joy to support and encourage them.

As I've matured with this idea I began to see a burning passion in me to help people in this way. And so, I'm turning a corner in my life and taking all that I've worked so hard for with me, only this time I do not plan on working so hard for it. My belief is that what we love to do comes easy and as the great Stuart Wilde says "life was never meant to be a struggle." Or the path of least resistance may speak to you. The clue is the kazoo... Excitement!!

One key point I just heard Missy talking about is this:
Because we are all one on the deepest level, when you step into being your authentic self, it naturally is a gift and benefit to everyone else. I would postulate that we all lose out if you don't. It is not just about getting what you want, but bringing your brilliance to the whole.

One thing that I have struggled with over the years is finding a receptive ear for my music. The fantasy that the mainstream is interested died a long time ago and even when I get some momentum going, I've felt that something is missing. Recently I put my finger on it. This year I decided to focus on offering these gifts in more specific situations and with more receptive audiences. Go where the people are I guess. So Missy and I wove music and movement for workshops and seminars with great success. I love the connection piece with people that you just can't get on stage, and we realized that this was very important to us. The only problem is that like many pursuits in the arts it is hard to connect wealth to being yourself!!

Well as Dr.Epstein would say this is a crucial point in the transformational process..."Enough of this!!" Truly we were frustrated, after having such amazingly fulfilling experiences and getting to do what we loved and then not having enough money to eat well or having just enough for a tank of gas. Something had to change, and fast!

You are probably saying... "okay how is this not a struggle, or easy like he said up there."
This is where it gets interesting. Like I eluded to last time, the path of least resistance may require you to step into unfamiliar territory and examine the blind spots. For me this is taking the personal responsibility to value myself enough that I am willing and actually absolutely need to create a business structure that will support all of my dreams, gifts and passions, and get them out in the world in all the ways I could ever imagine! I know we are moving into the age of authenticity, where a whole new paradigm of being together is emerging. I intend to be right in the middle of it. There is room for everyone!!

See you next time... I'll elaborate on how we're doing it!
Love and blessings,
Chief ME

1 comment:

  1. Hi Andre,

    Love the blogs- keep 'em coming! I'd caution you though, about focusing too much attention on exchanging your creativity for money. I'd much rather exchange my own for food, shelter or the genius of another human being, because I'm really beginning to understand the difference between something with "agency" and something that is purely a conceptual belief.

    Agency is imbedded in that which has the power to act upon reality, and thus to change it. Matches, potatoes, water, trees and clothing all have agency, because no matter where we are in the world they can assist us in altering our reality for the better. Money, on the other hand, has no independent agency. We can't eat it, drink it, wear it or shelter beneath it. The only thing we can do with it is give it to someone else in exchange for something that does have agency. This exchange requires us to be in a specific context, and to operate within a mutual belief system. And as we all know, human beliefs often shift rapidly.

    So...do what you have to do to get along in the present paradigm, so long as you remember it's only temporary! Play with it, have fun with it, but don't get caught up in the "seriousness" of the game!

    Love,
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete